Undergraduate Medical and Dental Student Data Collection - 29 September 2023 - 10 November 2023
New For October 2023
The Finance funding calculator and guidance document are in the homepage download section.
To reflect the new academic year for this October collection 2023. Please be sure to download a new empty template. Please do not rely on previous data submitted because we are moving into a new academic year of 2023/24 (Current) and 2024/25 (Planned).
The data provided by Medical and Dental Schools through NHS England’s data collection process determines clinical placement funding each NHS financial year.
The Undergraduate Medical and Dental Data Collection template has been designed to collect two areas of Student Activity:
- Cohort-level activity for each year of an Undergraduate Medical and Dental Course.
- Placement activity for those placements that attract tariff payments.
It aims to answer the following business questions:
- What is the future workforce supply over the short, medium and long term?
- What is the potential supply to PG medical and dental foundation training?
- How many students are studying, what are they studying and where?
- How much income does NHSE need to receive for medical and dental student clinical placements and bursaries in the short and medium term?
- What budget does NHSE need to set in the short and medium term for the planned delivery of clinical placements for students at each medical and dental school?
- How many students will be in education in the current and following academic year by course and by course year?
- How much of each course year will students be on clinical placement in the current and following academic year?
- Which providers are/will be delivering the clinical placements in the short and medium term to inform the funding to transfer via NHSE's education contracts?
- What placement sessions are agreed upon/in the process of being agreed upon with each provider for the current and following academic year?
- In which healthcare settings will students be placed, and for how much of each course year?
This collection is open from the 29th of September - 10th of November. Please ensure you submit this data by the deadline of 10th November via the eCollection portal.
The next collections will go live:
- 5th January 2024. The deadline for submission is 5:00 pm on 23 February 2024.
For support to access the NHSE e-collection portal, to amend user details, to set up additional users please refer to the guidance and for any other technical enquiries please get in touch with DataService@hee.nhs.uk.
For all general queries relating to Undergraduate Medical and Dental Student data collection, including queries about definitions, guidance and content, don't hesitate to get in touch with your regional contact listed below:
- EoE - Marjorie Casey - email@example.com
- London - Veronica Pietralito (Med Schools) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- London - (Dental Schools) - email@example.com
- Midlands - Gemma Walker - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Midlands - Jerry Afor - Kesiena.email@example.com
- NEY - Anthony Hann - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEY - Han Tee - email@example.com
- NW - Alex Reppold - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SE - George Fahey - email@example.com
- SW- Leann King- firstname.lastname@example.org
- SW- Neil. Squires - email@example.com