Undergraduate Medical and Dental Student Data Collection 6th January - 24th February
The data provided by Medical and Dental Schools through HEE’s data collection process is used to determine clinical placement funding each NHS financial year.
The collections cover both the current and next academic year. This collection will cover academic years 2022-23 and 2023-24.
The Undergraduate Medical and Dental Data Collection template has been designed to collect two areas of Student Activity:
- Cohort level activity for each year of an Undergraduate Medical and Dental Courses
- Placement activity for those placements that attract tariff payments
And aims to answer the following business questions:
- What is the future workforce supply over the short, medium and long term
- What is the potential supply to PG medical and dental foundation training
- How many students are studying, what are they studying and where
- How much income does HEE need to receive for medical and dental student clinical placements and bursaries in the short and medium term
- What budget does HEE need to set in the short and medium term for the planned delivery of clinical placements for students at each medical and dental school
- How many students will be in education in the current and following academic year by course and by course year
- In the current and following academic year for how much of each course year will students be on clinical placement
- Which providers are/will be delivering the clinical placements in the short and medium term to inform the funding to transfer via HEE’s education contracts
- What placement sessions are agreed/in process of being agreed with each provider for the current and following academic year
- In which healthcare settings will students be placed and for how much of each course year
This collection is open from the 6th of January - the 24th of February. Please ensure you submit this data by the deadline of 24th February via the eCollection portal.
The next collection go live will be 16th June 2023 - the deadline for submission is 5.00 pm, 14th July 2023.
For furtherinformation regarding the collection please review the guidancedocumentation: Click here
A Q&A drop-in session has been scheduled during the go-live of the collection to answer both technical and data-related questions. This meeting will be held via Teams on the date below.
- Thursday 2nd February 11 - 12 pm Drop in Q&A session
A Teams invite has been shared with all users. If you have not received a meeting invite, then please do contact Deborah Jagun - Deborah.Jagun@hee.nhs.uk
For support to access the HEE e-collection portal, to amend user details, to set up additional users please refer to the guidance and for any other technical enquiries please contact DataService@hee.nhs.uk.
All other Undergraduate Medical and Dental Student Data Collection Funding Queries
For all general queries relating to Undergraduate Medical and Dental Student data collection, including queries about definitions, guidance and content, please contact your regional contact listed below:
- EoE - Marjorie Casey - Marjorie.Casey@hee.nhs.uk
- London - Veronica Pietralito (Med Schools) - Veronica.email@example.com
- London - Samuel Grant (Dental Schools) - Samuel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Midlands - Janis Mumford - Janis.Mumford@hee.nhs.uk
- NEY - Anthony Hann - email@example.com
- NEY - Han Tee - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NW - Alex Reppold - Alex.email@example.com
- SE - George Fahey - George.Fahey@hee.nhs.uk
- SW - Faye Price - Faye.firstname.lastname@example.org