Student Data Collection Tool
NHS England (formerly Health Education England) launched a nationally standardised Student Data Collection Tool in March 2020 for the collection of degree level (and above) courses in health and care (excluding medics).
Through this tool, NHS England is collecting data related to:
- How many students are studying; what they are studying and where.
- How many students successfully complete their studies and over what time period.
- Student attrition on non-medical tariff supported pre-registration courses.
- Students attracting salary support.
- Clinical placement activity.
The collection of this data directly informs financial payments including Non-Medical Education and Training (NMET) Tariff payments (often referred to as “placement tariff”) and enables NHS England to understand current and planned future student activity, and the future workforce.
Since its launch, several changes have been made to the Student Data Collection Tool, to reflect feedback received from stakeholders, and in particular the feedback received from education and placement providers.